Our gang

Our gang

Momma can run

Momma can run
Can you see "Momma" on my new running shoes from my girls

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

A matter of minutes

I've been thinkingAbout you and me
Maybe I was just Seeing what I wanted to see
You can call me crazy But you know this time I swore That I wouldn't run But I can't do that anymore
I can't find a way to stay And I can't see my way to go
But I can't give up without a fight.
I can pack myself up in a matter of minutes, Leave you all far behind
All of my old world and all the things in it are hard to find
If they ever were mine
You've been trying And I know it's been hard And I'm afraid of All this blood in my heart
If there's one thing certain It's there ain't nothing for sure
And I want to run But I can't do that anymore
I can't meet you half way And I can't have it my way And I can't give up without a fight
I could count the good times we had On one hand All the rest was A sort of means to the end
Well not it's done And I can never Go back to where I was before And I wanna run...I can get myself clean in a matter of minutes
And get it wrong every time All of my whole world and all the things in it are hard to, hard to find
Everything change in a matter of minutesAnd nothing was saved in timeAll of my old world and all the things in it are hard to find
But they nevernever never were mine
~Shawn Colvin

No comments: